Equipped, experienced, and ready
A multifaceted geospatial data collection and analysis firm
Arcudigm is committed to producing high-resolution aerial and ground data with clear and comprehensive reports to make quick, informed, and cost-effective decisions for everyday applications and problems. The term Arcudigm is derived from the Latin words arcus (arch) and paradigm (particular syntactic rules) which represents the use of a multidisciplinary approach to solve real-world problems using science and technology.
Anthony J. Viola is the principal scientist and owner of Arcudigm, a multifaceted geospatial mapping and analysis firm. He works as a Senior Geographic Information Systems (GIS) and Data Analyst for Competitive Energy Services, LLC in Portland, Maine and specializes in GIS and remote-sensing techniques and technology.
Education and Qualifications
- BA in Geography-Anthropology, Minor in Archaeology, and Certificate in Applied GIS – University of Southern Maine
- Remote Pilot License – Federal Aviation Administration
- Archaeological Supervisor and Geospatial Specialist for Independent Archaeological Consulting
- Scientific Research Specialist for the University of Maine System (NSF funded)
- Completed several highlighted research projects (Geospatial Analysis of Shetland’s Iron Age Brochs, Archaeology through Spectral Signatures, etc.)